I love this time of year - lots of fun reasons to spread a little Christmas Cheer!! If I can have a little Buddy the Elf moment "The best way to spread Christmas Cheer is singing loud for all to hear" - but homemade yummies is a pretty good second in my book :)
My Stamp Campers will know I talk about my Produce coop a lot!!! :) Today was our last delivery for the year - so of course I had to make a little something up to say THANKS to everyone for a great year!
We've been busy making up trays of this YUMMY White Chocolate Cranberry Chex Mix
Doesn't that look good!!! If not - trust me - it's my picture taking stills :) The recipe is at the bottom so keep reading for that! :)
I had one of the Goodie Gear Kits on hand (See it Online) so I grabbed that. I wanted the bags to be a bit bigger than the ones in the kits - so I swapped them out for come Medium Cello Bags. I use the smaller ones later! :) he kit made it easy - it went together super fast!!
I LOVE the Spreading a Little Christmas Cheer Greeting in the Christmas Tagables photopolymer set (See it Online) so I used that to stamp the banners in the kits.
I needed more baggies than I had tags in my Goodie Gear Kit - but I did have extra stickers in the kit - so I pulled out my Banner Framelits - cut some more Banners and then I pulled out one of my new tag Punches (This is coming out in the Occasions Catalog in January and you guys are going to FLIP!!!!! I love being a demo and getting things early!!!)
I stamped these in Gumball Green and used White Baker's Twine - then added a touch of color to the top with some Red twist ties.
Here's the recipe I promised you...
White Chocolate Cranberry Chex Mix (from Mom Spark).
4 cups of Chex Vanilla Cereal (Or Rice Chex if you want it a little less sweet)
1 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 tbsp powdered sugar
- Pour Chex Cereal into a large bowl.
- Microwave white chocolate chips for 30 seconds, stir, then repeat another 30 seconds until fully melted. (repeat if necessary, but keep in mind that white chocolate burns very easily)
- Pour melted white chocolate into the bowl of cereal. Gently mix the white chocolate with the cereal, being careful not to break the cereal.
- Add mixture into a gallon plastic bag, then add powdered sugar.
- Seal bag, then shake until the powdered sugar is evenly distributed.
- Add cranberries to the bag and shake again gently to mix.
- Pour mix onto a sheet of wax paper to fully cool. Store in an airtight container.