Tonight was my annual Christmas Party for my Create, Ink Stampin' Up! Team. It's always SO much fun to get together and just chit chat and enjoy eachother's company - but of course we can't get together without doing at least a quick crafty project.
This is the Make 'n Take I brought for everyone to do.
The Washi Tape Star ornaments are SO CUTE and could not be any easier!! Here's a quick how to for you:
- Choose a metal cookie cutter (We used a star but this would work great with a Candy cane, Christmas Tree, or even just a circle or square! - sky's the limit)
- Pick out a Washi Tape (I used Season of Style for this ornament - see it online here)
- Wrap the Washi Tape around the ornament. I lined my seam up with the seam on the cookie cutter.
- Tie Linen Thread around the top of the ornament - knot it tight to the ornament top.
- Thread ribbon under the Linen Thread and Tie a Bow. (I used Gumball Green Stitched Satin Ribbon for this ornament.)
- Stamp a Greeting about 1" from the left edge onto a thin strip of Whisper White card stock and cut the end to be a banner shape. Fold over the left side of the paper - place adhesive onto the tap and wrap it around the Linen thread to attach the banner. We used Endless Wishes stamp set for our Greetings (it's sold out but you can Buy the Digital Studio version online here).
- Tie a knot in the top of the Linen Thread to finish off the hanger
That's it SUPER easy!!
I also had my Epic Day Washi Tape - the gray stipe works well for a red and silver Christmas Combo...
Be sure to come back tomorrow - I'll be sharing my Christmas card for this year (yes I actually have them done and in the mail early this year!!!)