This weekend my Cousin was celebrating her Baby's 1st Birthday with a Rainbow Party!
Of course you know for me that means the present has to work with the theme! So I decided to create a Rainbow tag for the wrapping.
OMG I think this tag is the most adorable thing I've made EVER (If I do say so myself <grin>)
Of course the gift inside the package had to work with the theme too - So I found what I quite possibly my new FAVORITE children's book EVER: Pantone Colors
I LOVE how this board book takes a different look at colors - For each color it shows the Basic Color and 20 different shades of the color
This is the Purple page! after I got the book I kept opening it up and looking at all the pretty colors - Is it wrong that I wanted to keep this book for myself?! :) The creative person in me LOVES that kids can learn the basic colors from the words and then quickly pick our favorite and least favorites in each color assortment!!
Ok back to wrapping the gift - I wanted the rainbow tag to really pop so I decided to wrap the gifts in simple White wrapping paper (a little different from me - I usually love bright and wild papers)
I tied the packages with Real Red Ribbon and attached the tag with Pool Party Bakers Twine. So bright and fun... and here's a little cuteness for you to see how well I matched :) Mom and baby her in rainbow tutu
So how did I make the tag?? It's very easy! I used the Labels Collection Framelit Dies (See Them Online)
- I started by die cutting the largest tag from Pool Party and Lucky Limeade card stock
- Then I die cut the largest tag from Real Red. I centered the second largest die on the Real Red card stock and die cut out the center - so I was left with a Red Frame
- Next I die cut the second largest tag from Pumpkin Pie, and cut out the center with the next smallest die.
- I continued to work my down down the dies using Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Pacific Point, and Rich Razzleberry card stocks.
- When I got to the smallest Purple one I punched the center out using a circle punch to get the arch on the rainbow.
- I attached all the frames to the Pool Party Tag
- I used the Adorning Accents Edgelit Die (See it Online) and die cut the top off the Lucky Limeade tag - to create a grassy hill which I attached to the bottom of the tag.
- I stamped and colored in Celebrate It's Your Day from the Outlined Occasions Stamp Set and created a banner to attach to the tag.
- Then I die cut "1" from Pool Party card stock and attached it to the tag.
- Add a brad and some bakers twite and you've got a Super Cute tag!
Don't forget the Outlined Occasions Stamp set is only avaliable until March 31, 2012 - it's one of the sets you can earn FREE when you purchase $50 in product during Sale-a-Bration. Find out more here.