I'm still a little behind in sharing photos from the Christmas Card Class :) This is one of those.
This idea was shared at Convention this year and Lisa decided to re-create several of these mugs with mats as Door Prize Gifts at our Christmas Card Class.
The mugs came from the Dollar Store - so this makes a very inexpensive gift that's FABULOUS. I know a lot of people on my Christmas List who would love to get these!
Recreating them is easy.
For the mats:
- Sandwich a piece of batting between two pieces of Candy Cane Christmas Fabric
- Die cut the stack using the Scallop Square die
- stitch the stack together using a linen thread. Make an X in each corner.
- Stich on a Candy Cane Large Designer Button at one corner
For the Cup:
- Choose one of the images from Candy Cane Christmas Decor Elements for your mug. You can get up to 10 mugs out of one package. Save the Tree and Stockings which are larger for something fun like a Holiday Cookie Plate.
- Apply the Decor Elements to the mug.
- Fill a Cello bag with Hot Chocolate mix and Marshmellows and tie. If you're using a mug that will hold up to being microwaved you could do a Brownie in a Mug recipe instead.
For the Tag:
- Stamp the images and greeting from A Cute Christmas stamp set.
- Color the images in using Stampin' Write Markers.
- Punch out using the 2-1/2" Circle Punch
- Use Tombow Multi Purpose Glue around the edge of the circle to attach Champaigne Glass Glitter to the tag.
- Pierce a hole in the top and attach the tag to the cello bag using Linen Thread.
The glitter on the tag really makes it sparkle - here's a close up...
Most of the items used on this project came out of the Holiday Mini - you can view all the items by clicking here, and don't forget the Designer Fabrics are 50% off this week!!